Claire is a Senior Research Associate at Newcastle University and SAGE Faculty Research Fellow in the Water Group and the Centre for Earth Systems Engineering and Research. She joined the school in 1999 as a PhD student; her thesis, 'Simulation and analysis of river flow regimes: implications for sustainable management of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) under climate change' was funded by NERC and investigated how climate change may affect river flows in the River Eden, Cumbria, and in turn assessed how these projected changes would impact on Atlantic salmon habitat. Prior to this, Claire studied Geography, also at Newcastle University.
PhD Civil Engineering at Newcastle University
BSc (First Class Honours) Geography at Newcastle University
- Carhart C, Bouch C, Walsh CL, Dolan T. Applying a new concept for strategic performance indicators. Infrastructure Asset Management 2016, 3(4), 143-153.
- Dolan T, Walsh CL, Bouch C, Carhart N. A conceptual approach to strategic performance indicators. Infrastructure Asset Management 2016, 3(4), 132-142.
- Walsh CL, Blenkinsop S, Fowler HJ, Burton A, Dawson RJ, Glenis V, Manning LJ, Jahanshahi G, Kilsby CG. Adaptation of water resource systems to an uncertain future. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences 2016, 20, 1869-1884.
- Brown S, Aplin KL, Jenkins K, Mander S, Walsh C, Williams PD. Freewheelin' scientists citing Bob Dylan Weather scientists cite Bob Dylan too. BMJ 2016, 352, i265.
- Sayers P, Walsh CL, Dawson RJ. Climate impacts on flood and coastal erosion infrastructure. Infrastructure Asset Management 2015, 2(2), 69-83.
- Brown S, Aplin KL, Jenkins K, Mander S, Walsh CL, William PD. Is there a Rhythm of the Rain? An analysis of weather in popular music. Weather 2015, 70(7), 198–204.
- Walsh CL, Glendinning S, Castán-Broto V, Dewberry E, Powell M. Are wildcard events on infrastructure systems opportunities for transformational change?. Futures 2015, 67, 1-10.
- Castán Broto V, Glendinning S, Dewberry E, Walsh CL, Powell M. What can we learn about transitions for sustainability from infrastructure shocks?. Technological Forecasting and Social Change 2014, 84, 186-196.
- Powell M, Glendinning S, CastanBroto V, Dewberry E, Walsh C. Shaped by Shock: Staff on the Emergency Department 'Shop Floor'. Anthropology in Action 2014, 21(2), 14-22.
- Dawson RJ, Walsh CL, Purnell P, Rogers CDF. Briefing: Infrastructure business models, valuation and innovation for local delivery. Infrastructure Asset Management 2014, 1(3), 66-67.
- Heidrich O, Dawson RJ, Reckien D, Walsh CL. How prepared are UK cities for addressing climate change adaptation and mitigation?. Urbanization and Global Environmental Change Viewpoints 2014, 10, 17-21.
- Walsh CL, Roberts D, Dawson RJ, Hall JW, Nickson A, Hounsome R. Experiences of integrated assessment of climate impacts, adaptation and mitigation modelling in London and Durban. Environment and Urbanization 2013, 25(2), 361-380.
- Walsh CL, Glendinning S, Dawson RJ, England K, Martin M, Watkins CL, Wilson R, Glenis V, McLoughlin A, Parker D. Collaborative platform to facilitate engineering decision-making. Proceedings of the ICE - Engineering Sustainability 2013, 166(2), 98-107.