Corinne Le Quere
- e-mail address
- First Name
- Le Quéré
- University of East Anglia
- +44 (0)1603 592840
- Postal Address
Tyndall Centre Headquarters School of Environmental Sciences University of East Anglia Norwich Norfolk NR4 7TJ United Kingdom
- Current Position
- Role at Tyndall
Corinne Le Quéré is Professor of Climate Change Science and Policy at the University of East Anglia and Director of the Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research. She conducts research on the interactions between climate change and the carbon cycle.
Prof Le Quéré was author of the 3rd, 4th and 5th (ongoing) Assessments of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and of the Millennium Ecosystem Assessment. She co-Chairs the Global Carbon Project, a non-governmental organization that fosters International research on the carbon cycle and publishes annual updates global emissions and sinks of carbon dioxide.
Prof Le Quéré is originally from Canada. She completed a Ph.D. in oceanography in University Paris VI (1999), an M.S. in Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences from McGill University and a B.Sc. in physics from University of Montréal. She has conducted research at Princeton University in the United States and at the Max-Planck Institute for Biogeochemistry in Germany.
- Role at Council
- Headquarters: Directorship
- Role at Fudan Tyndall Centre
- Director, UK Tyndall Centre
- Research Interests
Recent high impact publications by Corinne Le Quéré include:
Le Quéré, C., J.G. Canadell, P. Ciais, S. Dhakal, A. Patwardhan, M.R. Raupach and O.R. Young (2010). An International Carbon Office to assist policy-based science. Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability, 2, 297-300.
Le Quéré, C., M. R. Raupach, J. G. Canadell, G Marland, L. Bopp, P. Ciais, T. J. Conway, S. C. Doney, R. Feely, P. Foster, P. Friedlingstein, K. Gurney, R. A. Houghton, J. I. House, C. Huntingford, P. E. Levy, M. R. Lomas, J. Majkut, N. Metzl, J. P. Ometto, G. P. Peters, I. C. Prentice, J. T. Randerson, S. W. Running, J. L. Sarmiento, U. Schuster, S. Sitch, T. Takahashi, N. Viovy, G. R. van der Werf, F. I. Woodward. (2009). Trends in the sources and sinks of carbon dioxide. Nature Geosciences, 2, 831-836.
Le Quéré, C., C. Rödenbeck, E.T. Buitenhuis, T. J. Conway, R. Langenfelds, A. Gomez, C. Labuschagne, M. Ramonet, T. Nakazawa, N. Metzl, and N. Gillett, M. Heimann, (2007). Saturation of the Southern ocean CO2 sink due to recent climate change, Science, 316, 1735-1738.
Publication List - Corinne Le Quéré: http://www.tyndall.ac.uk/biblio/author/1752
- Other website
- Member for
- 2 years 51 weeks
- View recent blog entries
Sun, 12/04/2011 - 18:37
- Video (TyndallTV)
- Site section
- News item
- New Director at the Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research
- Tyndall Cardiff launched at Climate Change Consortium of Wales' conference
- Corinne Le Quéré and Tim Lenton authors of latest update on climate science
- Tyndall Director Corinne Le Quéré in Interview with BTalk's Phil Dobbie
- Global carbon emissions reach record 10 billion tonnes - threatening two degree target
- Tyndall UEA Funding 2010-2011
- Global Carbon Project launches UK office at Tyndall UEA
- Record high for global carbon emissions
- Tyndall Director Professor Corinne Le Quéré joins Future Earth inaugural science committee
- IPCC report released in Stockholm
- Time to debate the two degrees target
- Global carbon emissions set to reach record 36 billion tonnes in 2013