Tyndall Researcher Network (TyReNe) What is the purpose of the network?
- To provide support for Tyndall and Tyndall-affiliated Contract researchers and PhD students
- To provide a mechanism for enhancing cross-programme research and contacts
- To provide a focus for staff development issues
- To provide a voice for Contract researchers and PhD researchers Brief history of the network
The original idea was developed in answer to a gap in Tyndall staff development highlighted by the review panel in 2003.
- TyReNe network is based upon the Tyndall PhD network scheme in Phase1
- The network is designed to be ‘researcher-led’
The first meeting was held at the 2005 Assembly, where key areas of interest were identified. The first workshop was held in March 2006.
Key areas of interest:
- Facilitating cross-programme interaction
- Staff training and development
- Tyndall constitution, management & admin
- Skills and methodology sharing
- Interdisciplinary working
- The future of the Tyndall Centre